Sunday, March 27, 2005

 

Introduction

Hi. I set up this blog for no reason other than to spout my opinions on the current state of Social Security in the U.S. I have some slight credentials, but rather than state them, I hope that any readers I might have will intuit them through my theoretically thoughtful posts. On the off-chance that these readers also intuit my employer or societal affiliations, please know that these opinions are only my own and I do not presume to speak for anyone else.

If I were about to be shot and told that I could only utter 3 more sentences about Social Security, they would be as follows:

a) The whole in medicare is far more serious than the whole in Social Security.

b) We really ought to do something about Social Security.

c) What the U.S. needs now is proposed details, not ideology or ambiguity.

Over the course of this blog, my intention is to

1) Expand on the sentences above
2) Propose a plan
3) Touch on current events as they pertain to social security
4) Attempt to dispel false and non-truish statements that I often hear about the current system.

In the interest of not being accused of [c] above, I will try to lay out a little detail which I think would be beneficial in my next post.

Thanks for reading.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?